After college, Dr. Wittlinger left the area and spent a number of years in sales. Seeking a career change, he was accepted to the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Dentistry in Richmond, Virginia. Dr. Wittlinger graduated in the top of his class, Magna Cum Laude, and achieved the degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 2002. Among many of his distinctions while in dental school, he served on the Board of Directors for the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and was given a commendation by the Dean of VCU for Outstanding Student Leadership in Academic Dentistry. He also was awarded the distinction of election into Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU), the National Dental Honor Society. Election to the honor society is based upon scholarship, character and future professional growth.
After dental school, Dr. Wittlinger was accepted into the highly competitive Orthodontic Postgraduate Program at New York University (NYU) where he earned his Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics in 2004. He has been trained in the latest techniques in Orthodontics, including: Invisalign, orthodontic implants, orthognathic surgery, soft tissue laser and digital office technology.
Dr. Wittlinger enjoys volunteering with the youth ministry at the Church of the Presentation, skiing, running (he ran the Walt Disney World Marathon), cooking, home improvement and he is obviously a fan of the New York Yankees.
Dr. Wittlinger has dedicated his practice of orthodontics to providing individualized care and provides treatment within the highest academic standards for every patient. He knows that the decision you make for a beautiful, healthy smile is for a lifetime.
Honor Societies & Professional Associations
- The National Dental Honor Society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU)
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- American Board of Orthodontics (ABO),
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists (MASO)
- New Jersey Association of Orthodontists (NJAO) – President 2010-2012
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- New Jersey Dental Association (NJDA)
- Bergen County Dental Society (BCDS)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
- The American Academy of Oral Medicine (AAOM)
- Delta Tau Delta Fraternity